CAVERSHAM TILES LIMITED – GENERAL TERMS of TRADE
Please note that the Terms of Trade below relate to all non-account transactions.
Trade Credit Account holders are subject to different Terms of Trade as signed and agreed. Copies of these are available on request.
1. Terms of Payment: Payment for tiles and goods are payable at the time of order. At our discretion, we may agree to accept a deposit at the time of order, pending full payment. This deposit will be a minimum of 20% of the full purchase price. Special order goods require payment in full in advance. Goods will not be released or delivered until balance is paid for in full. We reserve the right to pursue any unpaid debts and may choose to use the services of a third party agent to recover any money owed. Any charges or interest incurred in collecting the debt will be added to the amount owed.
2. Title of Goods: Title of goods shall NOT pass to the buyer and remains with Caversham Tiles Limited until full purchase price as stated on the invoice or invoices is paid in full.
3. Accepted Returns and Credits: On production of proof of purchase or original sales invoice / receipt, up to 10% of the original order of our own stock tiles may be returned for a credit if goods are returned unopened in original packaging in full box quantities. Goods must be in perfect resalable condition and returned within one month of the date of the invoice / receipt. Agreement to accept returns of over 10% of the original order is subject to our discretion and will incur a handling and restocking charge of no less than 20% of the value being returned.
4. Non returns: No returns will be accepted without proof of purchase or original sales invoice / receipt. We are unable to accept returns exceeding one month from date of sales invoice / receipt, of loose unboxed goods, adhesives, grouts or of any items that are not our own stock. We will not accept returns of any special order or special offer goods.
5. Special Orders: Any tiles or goods that are special order will require payment at time of placing order. These special order items are non-returnable. This includes any hand-painted tiles and any transfer patterned tiles. We cannot accept cancellations of special orders.
6. Measurements & Calculations: Our staff are happy to assist you in calculating areas and quantities of tiles required. It is however the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that the final calculations and quantities ordered are correct. We will not be held liable for inaccurate calculations.
7. Batch Numbers, Crazing & Shading: No tiles, materials or fittings can be guaranteed against crazing, shading or chipping. The buyer must ensure that all tiles, materials and/or goods are appropriate for the intended use, that the batch numbers match and are an acceptable blend/size/colour before fixing. The use of goods is acceptance of the above.
8. Adhesives & Grouts: Adhesives and grouts can react adversely with certain substrates and materials. The buyer must ensure that both the adhesive and grout are suitable for the substrate and the tiles which they are to be used with. We strongly advise testing the grout on a small area of the tiles prior to grouting the whole area and to check the tested area for any adverse reaction, damage or discolouration to the tiles. The use of goods is acceptance of the above.
9. Liability: No liability will be accepted once tiles have been fixed.
10. Expected Delivery Date: Every effort will be made to ensure that goods are delivered within the time quoted however the Company cannot and will not be held liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by the customer for any failure to meet an expected delivery date.
11. Deliveries: Deliveries are generally kerbside only. However, where access is possible, the driver may try to deliver the goods closer to the premises. Where the ground surface allows, the driver may try to wheel palletised goods onto a driveway, but where the surface is loose stones, shingle, gravel etc. the pallet will be left as close as is practical. The driver WILL NOT unload the pallet by hand and WILL NOT enter the premises. If for any reason access is not possible, the driver will aim to leave the goods as close to the premises as is safe and practical. The purchaser accepts full responsibility for the goods once they have been off loaded and for storing the same to prevent theft and damage from weather etc. Please bear the above in mind when arranging delivery.
12. Damage & Shortages: Any claims for damaged goods or shortages must be made within 48 hours of receiving goods. Claims made after this period will not be considered.
13. Advice: Some of our staff have tile fixing experience and can offer guidance and advice. Any advice given is without prejudice and must be taken on the understanding that it is advice, not instruction. We will not accept any liability for problems arising from advice given by our staff, except where we have given advice following inspecting the site and conditions beforehand.
14. Value Added Tax: All prices shown and quoted are subject to V.A.T. at the rate operative at the date of invoice
Revised August 2018
Registered No. 04610241
VAT No. 314 6830 68